THINKING IN THE TRUTH
***with Ling Ling Shi***
Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the third day.
Dear friend, welcome to “Thinking in the Truth”. Today, I want to share with you God’s Word in Genesis 1:11-13. May we grow together in the Truth.
In the last “Thinking in the Truth”- Genesis 1:1-10, I shared with you God’s creation of the earth on the first, second, and part of the third day. On the first day, God created light to end darkness, empty and formless on the earth. The earth started with day and night. On the second day, God separated water from water and made the sky. On the beginning of the third day, God created the land and seas. Today, I am going to continue sharing God’s creation on the third day - the creation of various plants and trees.
(1) From God’s word, we can discover that God’s majestic work on the earth started from a big environment outside this little globe. God created a perfect environment and condition: first - the light and sky to prepare for the third day’s creation – the land, sea, plants, and trees. God is the amazing engineer, designer, and artist of the creation of the universe. If there were no destructive man-made works on the earth, the earth would be a marvelous place full of beauty.
(2) God made a beautiful plan for the heavens and the earth. With the same loving heart to every human being, God made a beautiful plan for us. He is our lives’ engineer, designer, and artist. As long as we seek and long for him, we will find him and enjoy a meaningful earthly life designed by our loving heavenly Father. There is nothing too small to let God pay attention to to help us and there is nothing too big to cause God to have too much burden to help us. Be a little child and lean on our heavenly Father. His everlasting love and zeal will fulfill a beautiful and wonderful work on our lives.
(3) Before and after God created plants and trees, the following phrase appeared several times: according to their kinds. It means that when God created plants and trees, he made every kind of plant and tree in a unique design. By God’s almighty hands, the earth was made marvelous, wonderful, and beautiful.
(4) In the Scripture, God mentioned that all plants and trees are seed-bearing. This was a breeding design for all natural life to develop and continue. Similar to nature, human beings need a good seed and must sow it in good soil to develop, continue, and own a productive and wonderful future. The Word of God is the good seed, planted in our hearts. It will bear good fruit by the work of the Holy Spirit.
(5) God created the light and sky for the earth on the first day and second day. Also, God created the land and seas on the beginning of third day. Now, we know that plants and trees were created too. These were preparations made by God for his earthly children. We know the fact that every living creature needs oxygen to live and that science discovered that photosynthesis is the chemical process for oxygen. That means God created a big Oxygen
Factory for his coming earthly children on the third day.
The discoverers of science gave us the testimony for God’s mighty wisdom and love. So, when we take a breath, we should give thanks to God and praise him!
God is Love
(1 John 4:16)