THINKING IN THE TRUTH
***with Ling Ling Shi***
And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning--the second day.
And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.
Dear friend, welcome to “Thinking in the Truth”. Today, I want to share with you God’s Word in Genesis 1:6-10. May we grow together in the Truth.
(1) Just like the first day, when God made light on the earth, “God said, ‘let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water” on the second day, and it was so. And “God said, ‘let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear’. And it was so.” We can experience the power of God’s word again. Nothing is impossible for God. His Word fulfills all.
(2) Lord Jesus said, in Matthew 4:4, “Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God”. In Mark 13:31, Lord Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away”So, God fulfills his will in the Holy Bible in his word and in his time. This precious and everlasting book tells us God’s will. Isn’t it wonderful to know our loving Father’s will? We are blessed to have this book as our daily bread.
(3) God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water”. God’s salvation to all human begins will separate the children who have been saved by the Gospel of Jesus Christ from the world and carry us to God’s kingdom, just as he separated water from water.
(4) Once our eyes lift up to our God the Father, God the Son - Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit, we won’t belong to this world. Our eternal home is above the sky which our beloved Lord Jesus Christ prepared for us by his everlasting love of the Cross and Precious Blood. What amazing grace and love!
(5) The water that was lifted above the sky was not affected by gravity of the earth. The world is the place where we are experiencing God’s love and salvation. It is a place of trials and a place to purify our hearts to become pure and holy. Let nothing in this world burden our hearts and hinder our feet; let nothing in this world bond our bodies, minds, souls, and cause children of God to become slaves to this world. Our home is in heaven. Let us walk in the truth and embrace the good news and run the race for our great loving God.
(6) God’s amazing and big project came from outside of the earth to the surface of the earth step by step. Since the light and sky had been created, it provided the conditions to create the land and seas. God is an amazing general engineer, designer, and artist of the earth.
(7) I often think about God’s amazing work on the earth.
The following is my thinking through today’s scriptures:
Whether it is water on the earth or sky, it is a water molecule which is composed by two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.
When I read the scripture: God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear. And it was so.” , it’s as if I am watching the almighty God command the army of water elements using a remote control with his mighty force and invincible power.
In the Holy Bible Old Testament, 1 Kings 18:41-45 recorded a story that Elijah prayed to God to send rain to the land of Israel. The background of story was that since the king Ahab did more evil in the eyes of the Lord than any of those before him, God closed the window of the sky and it didn’t rain on the land for three years until Elijah prayed for people and the land. It is written:
And Elijah said to Ahab, "Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain."
So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.
"Go and look toward the sea," he told his servant. And he went up and looked. "There is nothing there," he said. Seven times Elijah said, "Go back."
The seventh time the servant reported, "A cloud as small as a man's hand is rising from the sea." So Elijah said, "Go and tell Ahab, 'Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.' "
Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain came on and Ahab rode off to Jezreel.
This marvelous biblical story seems to tell us that the Prophet Elijah saw a cloud as small as a man’s hand, as if he saw a remote control for the rain in God’s hand being turned on with the mighty army of water marching on to the land of Israel.
In the Holy Bible and New Testament, it recorded the miracles of Lord Jesus calming the sea and wind. If we read Genesis 1:9-10, by God’s word, the water was gathered to one place and the land and the seas were created. We can understand why Jesus can command the wind and seawater by his word.
Matthew 8:23-27 told us:
Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him.
Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"
He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"
Yes, the wind and water listen to Lord Jesus Christ. God created the heavens and earth; his word fulfills all.
(8) When the relationship between God and His earthly children is built in harmony, we will understand God more and more, because he willing to let us understand him as he had with Newton. Once we have a relationship with God as the Father and us being son or daughter, the Holy Bible will become our Father’s letters, rather than a book of fairy tales.
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
God is Love
(1 John 4:16)